- In shaker tin crush basil leaves.
- Add Tonka bean syrup, pineapple and asian pear.
- Muddle until juiced.
- Add Malfy Limone Gin and Spiced Ginger Bitters.
- Shake all ingredients until ice cold.
- Strain into coupe/martini glass.
- Top with champagne, optional.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaf and diced pineapple and Asian pear, or lemon twist.
ORANGE PEEL & TONKA BEAN SYRUP
- Add orange peel, slightly crushed Tonka beans and water to 1 quart pot
- Bring to boil and then turn down to simmer for 45 minutes ◊ Strain
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved
- Refrigerate for 8–12 hrs.
SPICED GINGER BITTERS
- In 8 separate containers add each botanical to 3 oz of grain alcohol, seal tightly and let infuse for 7 to 21 days. When you open the containers and can smell the botanical above the scent of grain alcohol, you will know it’s ready to strain.
- As each botanical finishes the infusion process, carefully strain and mix together until after 21 days you have all the ingredients strained and gently blended.
- A couple of dashes of Spiced Ginger Bitters works well in classic martinis, fruit-based martinis/cocktails, and Manhattans.
- Store in an airtight container.