- Cutting board
- Paring knife
- 8” Chef’s knife
- Stainless steel or non-corrosive mixing bowl
- Large heavy non-stick or cast-iron pan
- Fish spatula
- Sauté the onions until they are translucent. Cool completely.
- Combine the cooled onions, with all remaining ingredients – expect the crab meat.
- Gently fold the onion mixture into the crab meat, being careful not to over mix and break up the lumps.
- Form in to six equally sized crab cakes.
- Dust with a little flour and sauté until just golden.
- Medium to medium high heat works best.
- Transfer to a warm serving platter and serve immediately with lemon wedges and you favorite sauce.