From our Waypoint kitchen to yours! Please enjoy this Virginia Scalloped Oyster recipe this season in your home…or when you come in to dine at the restaurant!
Prep Time: 1 hour
¼ lb Butter
2 cup Vidalia Onion, small dice
1 cup Celery, small dice
1 ½ tsp Garlic, minced
2 fl oz White Wine
1 each Lemon, zest and juice
1Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1Tbsp Tabasco Sauce
1 Tbsp Fresh Herbs, chopped fine (chives, parsley, thyme, tarragon)
¼ tsp Black Pepper, ground
¼ tsp Kosher Salt
1 quart Shucked Virginia Oysters, strained and reserve liquor
½ cup Heavy Cream
1 c Panko Breadcrumbs
1 c Ritz Crackers
1 c Parmesan, shredded
¼ lb Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a saucepan melt butter in pan and sweat onions, celery, and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Deglaze with white wine and add heavy cream with residual oyster liquor.
- Reduce by 25% and season with lemon zest and juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Brush Baking Dish with butter and place oysters in bottom of dish. Spoon onion mixture over oysters.
- In a mixing bowl combine breadcrumbs, crackers, Parmesan, and melted butter and thoroughly blend together. Place breadcrumb mixture over the oysters to form a crust.
- Bake at 375 F for 30-45 minutes until golden brown and thoroughly hot in center.
Yield: 6 Servings